- Congratulations to Teri B for her Presidential Pin. Much deserved. – Diane W Carr
- Jennifer - kicking off your Wishing and More SPM position in high gear! Good for you! – Diane W Carr
- Congratulations to all the award winners from the Chapter and State. – Rita
- Teri, thanks for putting together our Disbursement list with descriptions and doing our monthly reports. – Rita
- For all of you who may have Graduates this year, hip hip hooray for them! Congrats class of 2020! – Kathy N
- A big thank you to all members for having such positive attitudes and supporting one another during this challenging season. We are a strong group of women we will get through this! – Kathy N
- Congratulations to all the chapter-level and state-level award winners!! Well done! – Merrin
Jun 30, 2020
Jun 24, 2020
- Member of the Year: Kathy N
- New Member of the Year: Julie O
- Local Program Manager (LPM) of the Year: Merrin B (Newsletter)
- Membership Project of the Year – Cookie Exchange: Pam M & Sandy B
- Internal Project of the Year – Bookworms: Lori W
- External Project of the Year, Fundraising – Cooper Craft Fair: Rita J, Renee W & Merrin B
- External Project of the Year, Non-Fundraising – Shopping Spree: Jennifer A, Dottie V & Deb S
Congratulations to All!
Jun 19, 2020
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for American women. The term heart disease refers to several types of heart conditions, including coronary artery disease and heart attack. Although some women have no symptoms of heart disease, others may have:
• Angina (dull and heavy or sharp chest pain or discomfort)
• Pain in the neck, jaw, or throat
• Pain in the upper abdomen or back These symptoms may happen when you are resting or when you are doing regular daily activities. Women also may have other symptoms, including:
• Fatigue If you have any of these symptoms, call 911 right away. Key risk factors for heart disease are:
• High blood pressure, high LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol, and smoking Other factors that add risk are:
• Having overweight or obesity
• Eating an unhealthy diet
• Physical inactivity
• Drinking too much alcohol
For more information, check out the CDC link above and American Heart Association at www.heart.org.
note: This information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/ women.htm
Jun 18, 2020
Jun 17, 2020
- Member of the Trimester: Anna N
- New Member of the Trimester: Heather B
- Local Program Manager (LPM) of the Trimester: Anna N (Website)
- Membership Project of the Trimester – Parking Lot Trivia: Tawn H
- Internal Project of the Trimester – Bookworms: Lori W
- External Project of the Trimester, Non-Fundraising – Breakfast Bags: Anna N
Congratulations to all!
Jun 16, 2020
Jun 10, 2020
- 3rd Trimester – 5th place
- Year-End – 6th place
Year-End Keys / Pins
- Presidential Pin: Dottie V
- Bronze – Colleen T (Women’s Wellness Program Manager)
- Silver – Jennifer A (District 7 Director)
- Gold – Rita J (Chapter President)
- Over $116,680 donated last year.
- Over 8,540 service hours were reported
Jun 1, 2020
Happy Summer ladies,
I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather. Things are slowly opening up, which means we will probably be able to meet sooner than later. Until then, BEE safe and healthy. We are brainstorming and looking for any and/or all ideas for activities or projects. Bring it on! We need stuff to do.
Quarantine President Kathy Nevils
WE ARE THE WOMEN OF TODAY!!
Let’s get buzzy and BEEEE the Difference...