Theresa’s Favorite Color: Purple
Theresa’s Favorite Snacks: Snack - popcorn; Candy - KitKats
Theresa’s Favorite Project/Social: My favorite social has been the coffee chats. They give members a chance to really get to know each other in a non structured setting. Sometimes there's talk regarding the organization or chapter but mostly it's sharing life experiences or specific interests. My favorite project has been putting together birthday bags for food shelves.
Theresa’s Recipe to Share:
Egg Roll in a Bowl (Recipe from Wholesome Yum)
yields (4) 1 cup servings
· 1 tbsp Avocado oil (or any cooking oil your prefer)
· 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
· 3 tbsp fresh ginger (minced or grated; or use 3/4 tsp ground ginger)
· 1 lb ground meat (turkey, pork or beef)
· 1 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp Black pepper
· 6 cups Shredded coleslaw mix
· 1/4 cup soy sauce (can also use Coconut Aminos, which is soy, wheat and gluten free)
· 2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
· 1/4 cup Green onions
· Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
1. Heat avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
2. Add the ground meat. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and use a spatula to break up the meat. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes. (Most of the excess oil cooks away at this temperature, but you can drain it if you like.)
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add the coleslaw mix and soy sauce. Stir to coat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in the toasted sesame oil and green onions.