Summer is ending and we completed the 1st trimester of the Women of Today year. Since May we have done the following:
• Monthly Lunch Bunch
• Learned about the benefits of drinking water, how much to drink each day and ways to make it a daily habit. In addition, Colleen shared information about setting up positive sleep habits and healthy snacks lists. Members attended a Cardio-drumming class
• Rachel got us involved with the Habitat Restoration at Bassett Creek Park, led a nature walk and shared information about composting.
• Donated over 20 birthday bags to NEAR Food Shelf
• Donated and attended the Crescent Cove Back to School Event, painted and donated suncatchers to Crescent Cove
• Teamed up with One Good Deed to provide school supplies and personal care products for 100 teenage girls
• As a sponsor of the Off-Broadway Theater presentation of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, members had front row reserved seating
• Members purchased or sold Metro Dining Cards, and signed up for the Raise Right (scrip) fundraiser
• Book lovers held their bi-monthly book club in May & July.
• Members attended District 7 meeting in July and District picnic in August.
• Members of the Cooper Arts and Craft Fair committee were busy making plans for the upcoming Cooper Craft Fair.
For the 2nd trimester things on the agenda include:
• Attending State Convention to renew old friendships or make new friendships; celebrate successes, and learn about upcoming events
• Plan and Hold a Domestic Violence Prevention community presentation at the YMCA
• Cooper Arts and Crafts Fair
• The Holiday Shopping Spree If anyone has any ideas for activities, want to help plan a social, or share a talent with the group let me know!
Continue Living, Giving and Sharing! Mary